Monday, November 19, 2007

Subway smells

That title is cleeeeeeverly misleading!! I'm so tricky. You could look at it and think to yourself -- ooooh yes. The subway in pretty much every major metropolitan city does smell Liz, you observant girl you. And you'd be right, and I'd be right, because they DO smell!!

However. I speak of Subway the sandwich making store. Hence, my trickery. And while I'm on the subject - why and how did that food store earn it's more unillustrious name?? Honestly, why would you want to name your store after the subway system anyway?

Anyway, Subway's really do smell - I've always been a bit creeped out from it. I used to walk past one on my way to work every morning, and there was always this odor... I think it's the bread. The icky, flat, flappy bread that they use for their sandwiches. And this morning I had the pleasure of smelling that smell in my very own apartment. That's right. This morning I discovered why the Subway smell had always been so vaguely familiar to me.

It's because it smells like cat poop. That's right. Jared's favorite restaurant smells like cat poop. And there you have it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's because they cook so many different types of bread in one oven. I like Jimmy John's. They're the shit. But, not the cat-shit.