Monday, November 19, 2007

What are four hundred rabbits hopping backwards? A receding hare line.

And what are four hundred rabbits doing in tiny little jars at the bottom of my stairs? Being eaten by my cat.

That's right. My baby bob cat (and nina toot as well) has been given doctor's orders because of his asthma (he's coughing as I type this) to eat Rabbit. Not rabbit mixed with anything else - just straight up rabbit.

Now I know, I know: cats are obviously canivores. They're not supposed to eat bread and grain and veggies and chocolate (although try telling Nina that when she has a half a roll sticking out of her mouth). But honestly - rabbit??? I didnt even eat rabbit when I ate meat, and now it's my duty to scoop out this rabbit into dishes for my cats to chow down. It makes me uncomfortable.

And yes, I just wrote a blog about my cats. So?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So - it is GREAT !!!

Janet said...

I just had a vivid image of walking into your darkened kitchen with a flashlight. Suddenly I turn the flashlight on, illuminating your face. There you are, sitting in the corner. You're using your bare fingers to claw rabbit meat out of a can, eating rabbit in the dark. Your eyes appear red as animals' do in flash photography.

This I swear was the image that appeared unto me upon reading your blog about the rabbit food.

This must mean you are going to CAVE. No more vegetarianism for you. You're going on a strict all-bunny diet. Except it's going to be a SECRET.

Janet said...

P.S. I am going to have to tell J. Hart that joke!!!!!!!!!!! "A receding hare line!!" Tee hee.