Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ennui.

Apparently there is a band named Ennui that hails from Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky. Does this strike anyone but me as odd? Why in god's name would you want to call your band (in essence) boredom. I understand that they were probably going more for "ooooh we're sooooo cool and above society etc etc etc whine whine whiiiiny whine whine" (and no that doesn't sound like me at all, ehhem), but a) that is lame of them and b) ... never mind I'm bored of them already.

Anyway, the point is, that I think that I'm suffering from ennui. Do you think that it can be treated medically? I can pop some pills and POOF puff the magic draaagon will appear and start singing me some Peter Paul and Mary songs? (Well technically speaking, I suppose that this would actually happen if I self-medicated with the right combination of stuff. Hmmm. That's something to keep in mind.)

Seriously though, I can totally understand sometimes why people become drunks and drug addicts and why Lindsey Lohan can't stay sober for more than .3 milleseconds before having to do that next lil' line of ...

Yeah.

It's because they don't look up enough. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. My sister's boyfriend's BFF AEAE apparently sees me walking to from the Metro to work about once a wekk, and I'm allegedly standing on corners listening to my iPod and sort of looking around at the sky (and I guess appearing like a well-dressed homeless crazy person, but that's neither here nor there). While that may or may not be true (it is), it's true that I do believe that looking up now and again is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally important for sanity's sake.

It's amazing all the things we miss (esp. if you live in a city with tall buildings) while we walk around to work to home to bars to restaurants to sporting activites to shows to etc....our heads down our eyes not really looking at much. Last night I got the idea in my head that I'd like to move to New Mexico. Or Arizona. Or Colorado. Where the sky is enormous and at any moment in time, if you keep on going in your car fast enough and long enough, it looks like you might just be able drive right into the clouds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ennui is a good name for a really gay emo punk band.

Next thing you know, you'll be suffering from "melancholy."